I made this widget at MyFlashFetish.com.

Get cash from your website. Sign up as affiliate.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

BAGUIO CITY - a one.night.of.happiness!


After 8 months... I was able to go again to the Summer Capital of the Philippines, Baguio City!

This made possible when my 'balikbayan' Uncle decided to have at least one-day vacation in Baguio, together with my beloved Mom, their cousin and a family friend. They went there early morning, all the way from Manila. But me, I just went there after my work here in Pangasinan. So, I missed some of their adventures in Baguio. While I was not yet there, they went to The Mansion, Wright Park, and the popular Burnham Park.

After the client meeting I had with my Boss, I went to Baguio. It was 3:20 in the afternoon to be exact. It took two and a half hours bus ride. When I got there... Dude, it’s raining! The weather was sooooooooo coooold! I was chilling, as if I have a high fever... I cannot handle the cold temperature! Uurrrgh...

Anyway… enough for that. An incident actually made my day. Imagine, the transient house that they rented is my *close friend's dormitory! (Actually, that Vistro Pensionne house; is not just a dormitory but also a transient house.)  What a coincidence! That night was amazing! I had the chance to be with my ‘close friend’, AGAIN. We laughed, took pictures, and even shared each other’s problems or issues. Hmmm… I was really happy that night! ^_^


The next day, it was raining again. Nevertheless, we need to get up and stroll around the city for the last time. For breakfast, we went down along the Session Road. It was good, though we ate for just a couple of minutes.
After the sizzling and delicious breakfast we had, we went to the famous Camp John Hay!
Today, Camp John Hay is one of the most popular visitor attractions in Baguio City. It features an excellent golf course that has a bent grass greens and a recreational facilities that is suitable for a family or business trip! Inside the CJH, there is the popular condotel, which is, The Manor. It is so damn amazing! WOW! is the only word that can describe The Manor. But unfortunately, we did not take any pictures there. Instead, we tried to go to the upper part of the place. We took some pictures at the House of Waffles, one of the cafes near the Golf Course. It was fun!
In Camp John Hay, there are shopping centers, fine-dining restaurants, and a world-class clubhouse, and others.


After the picture taking at CJH, we went to one of the green parks of Baguio CityThe Baguio Botanical Garden. I was so happy because that was the first time that I went there. I’ve been to the City of Pines for how many times but still, I wasn’t able to go to Botanical Garden. 


At the main entrance, there are group of Igorots who are dressed in their native attire. If you want, you may take souvenir pictures with them, of course, there’s a fee, but you can refuse if you don’t want.
When we enter inside, there are different huge Igorot statues that surrounded the park, native Cordillera huts known as the Igorots’ dwelling place with towering pine trees around and flowering plants that you can enjoy by walking thru stone-paved pathways. As we go to the other side of the park, there is the Filipino-Japanese Memorial Park. Moreover, we discovered a cave located there! So being an adventurous person, I decided to go inside. I borrowed a flashlight from the boys who were outside the cave. It was really dark and it was just like a maze. However, the cave was not that scary. As soon as I exit the cave, I just said to myself, “Yun lang ba yun? Parang wala lang.” LOL.



There are stores inside the park where you can buy some souvenir items or ‘pasalubong’.

As we left the Baguio Botanical Garden, my heart was filled with joy! For me, it was memorable. I will never forget the time that I was with them. Sooooo happy!!! ^_^


How time flies… Whether we like it or not, we need to go home.

My visit in Baguio City took only for just one night. But that one night, brings so much happiness to me! It feels like I want to go back there as soon as possible. Hmmm…??
Maybe this month? Hope so. :)


>> more pictures on Krising's FB Account! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment